Friday, May 1, 2009

Videos for the Weekend: Recent TED Talks

. Friday, May 1, 2009

Two recent TED talks of interest to IPE folks. First, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita explains how he can predict the world using game theory. Second, Alex Tabarrok shows why he is known as one of the most optimistic believers in global capitalism still standing. I often think that both of these guys are excessively exuberant, and I suspect that there is some showmanship going on under the guise of social science, yet they are both fairly influential and should be taken seriously.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my prediction based on history, though I can formalize it:

Hubris
+
"We can engineer the future"
=
Fascism

No, not saying BDM is a fascist or even a bad person. Saying that hubris plus belief in social engineering produces horrible consequences. Inevitably.

This video scares me.

Videos for the Weekend: Recent TED Talks
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites